ESFP women are among the most expressive women in the Myers-Briggs personality spectrum, but these lively ladies aren’t just dramatic attention-seekers. ESFP women can be some of the most creative and hard-working personality types out there.
ESFP women are expressive and outgoing people who tend to enjoy close relationships with other people and a strong artistic streak. They can be impulsive, but their keen interest in other people, their high energy levels, and their natural charisma make them successful in life and business.
Being an ESFP woman comes with pitfalls and gifts alike. Keep reading to learn more about ESFP women and how they can make the best out of their personality type.
ESFP Personality in Women
People with an ESFP personality type are always the life of the party, but this can especially be said of ESFP women. Vivacious, often funny, and born to schmooze, ESFP women live in a world full of beauty and possibility.
Here are some of the personality traits that dominate in a woman with an ESFP personality type:
- Sensory-oriented: While some personality types are very cerebral and detached, ESFP women are closely connected to their sense of aesthetics and drive to find natural beauty in the world around them. This sensitivity to aesthetics can give them a gift with many arts — everything from cooking to making music.
- Pleasure-seeking: Because they seek out aesthetics and have a strong relationship to their senses, ESFP women tend to be hedonistic and may go overboard splurging on the finer things in life. This also means that they tend to avoid suffering since they are emotionally sensitive. Seeing others subject to pain or injustice can greatly disturb them.
- Carefree: Even though their carefree attitude can sometimes lead to reckless behavior, most ESFP personalities are cheerful and good at uplifting the mood of more serious or pessimistic personality types.
- People pleaser: Most ESFP women have an innate drive to please people and to grease the wheels socially by facilitating the social interactions of others. However, this same need to please others can make them hypersensitive to any criticism that others may have of their behavior.
The high energy of the ESFP woman and her innate sense of style means that this woman usually lights up whatever room she walks into. Because they possess the ability to read a room and command it, ESFP women are often capable of putting their remarkable perspicacity to practical use.
Strengths of ESFP Women
Many of the natural attributes of an ESFP personality can be seen as personality strengths, especially in a woman. Since women are already expected to be socially apt and good hostesses, the fact that ESFP women usually have a natural affinity for dealing with people puts them ahead of the game in many areas of life.
Here are some of the individual personality traits of ESFP women that can be of use to them in life:
- Charisma: While many people can become practiced conversationalists, ESFP women have a natural draw for others that can give them extra power of self-expression. In life, this can result in a woman capable of breathtaking performances in music, dance, and other art forms.
- Practicality: ESFP women tend to be both artistically gifted and practical, allowing their sense of style to successfully translate into productivity. ESFP women tend to be focused on the results directly in front of them and often enjoy applying their aesthetic sensibility to practical skills like baking or sewing.
- Innovation: ESFP women are original thinkers, and unlike dreamy personality types who are unable to bring their ideas to life, ESFP women are also hands-on and proactive when it comes to testing their ideas.
- Social Skills: Along with their natural charisma, ESFP women tend to take well to tasks relating to dealing with other people. Able to charm their way out of almost anything, these women are perfect for mollifying even the most prickly people. Their superior social skills come in handy in a wide range of personal and professional situations.
An ESFP woman’s sunny outlook combined with their progressive thinking and their ability to talk people into things makes them a force to be reckoned with in any family or organization. Their ability to communicate well with people from all walks of life makes them an excellent coordinator for large, sprawling social groups.
Weaknesses of ESFP Women
ESFP women have many strengths, but their strengths don’t come without a unique set of drawbacks. Many of the strengths of ESFP women are tied directly to their weaknesses, so it’s difficult for ESFP women to embody one without the other.
Here are a few of the downsides of an ESFP personality profile in women:
- Conflict avoidance: The people-pleasing aspect of an ESFP woman’s nature and their tendency to avoid suffering may mean that they go out of their way to avoid conflict, up to the point of running away from it or ignoring a serious relationship problem. This can cause an ESFP woman to tolerate a negative social situation longer than they should.
- Impulsive behavior: An ESFP woman’s innovative mind may also lead them into spontaneous behaviors that they may perform before they’ve had a chance to think out all of the potential consequences. Along with their desire to please others, this can also result in impulsive behavior related to peer pressure.
- Poor planning: Even though ESFP women may have practical applications for their aesthetic ideals, a lack of executive functioning may lead them to approach long-term projects in a scattered way. This can create setbacks and also leave ESFP women vulnerable to the consequences of not preparing adequately for long-term goals.
- Melodrama: An ESFP woman’s sense of drama and expression may add to their charisma in social situations, but they may also be overly sensitive. Prone to extravagant, emotional meltdowns when angry or upset, this can lead some people to consider the ESFP woman to be overly dramatic.
The personality weaknesses of the ESFP woman can be mostly overcome through self-awareness and personal improvement. From taking steps to improve executive function to practicing better emotional regulation, there are many things ESFP women can do to reduce the weaknesses in their personality profile.
Ideal Careers for ESFP Women
The forward, bubbly personality of the ESFP woman makes them a great fit for any career role where expression and communication are at the forefront of the job. Below you’ll find a chart of some of the best career paths for ESFP women.
|ESFP Career Type||Career Examples|
|Art Careers||Musician, artist, baker, journalist, florist|
|Hospitality Careers||Public relations, hotel clerk, restaurant hostess|
|Nursing Careers||Physical therapist, hospital nurse, veterinary assistant, child care provider|
|Design Careers||Interior designer, fashion designer, jeweler, architect|
There are many career types that ESFP women would excel at, but there are also a number of jobs that are not well-suited to an ESFP personality. Here are a few careers that an ESFP woman might want to avoid based on their personality profile:
- Information technology
Matching your work aspirations to your Myers-Briggs personality profile is a good way to choose a job that meshes well with your natural behaviors and attitudes in life. This can set a person up for success for the rest of their professional career. No matter which job they choose, ESFP women can only thrive in a workplace with a high level of morale.
ESFP Women Are the Stars of the Show
Born entertainers, ESFP women would never be accused of being shrinking violets. The bright personalities of these women can bring some cheer and optimism to any gathering. As long as they choose to use their strengths in work and society, ESFP women have the potential to be some of the most successful women in the world.m/?utm_source=bottom_links&utm_medium=links&utm_campaign=bottomlinks">Enneagram